Google Analytics is the tool you use to understand how many people are visiting your website and provides some really insightful information about your customers.
Note: You are not currently able to connect the traffic graph to display on your Rocketspark Dashboard with GA4. New development is required for this so for now you will need to access Google Analytics to view your traffic.
For advice on how to increase traffic to your site, we recommend you read our Rocketspark guide to search engine optimisation.
Rocketspark makes setting up Google Analytics very easy. There are three main setup steps:
- Set up your own Google Analytics account
- Tell Google which site you want to analyse and Google will give you a Tracking ID
- Paste the Tracking ID into your Rocketspark website
Step by step instructions:
- Log in to Google Analytics.
- Click on Sign in, or if you are already signed in, click Access Google Analytics
- If you don’t already have a Google account click Sign up. If you already have a Google account go to step 6.
- Enter your details in the Google accounts form to create your Google Account
- You will be sent an email by Google to verify that your email address is correct.
- Click on the link provided by Google to verify your account. Be sure to check your junk mail/spam folders if you can’t find the email from Google.
- Sign in to your Google Account
- Click the Sign up button to set up Google Analytics.
- First, select that you would like to track a website, select Classic Analytics, then enter the details of your Rocketspark website & Industry Category and click continue.
Website Name = The name of your business or organisation
Website URL = Your website address e.g. www.yourcompany.co.nz.
- Pick your country for the terms of the user agreement, read the Terms of Service, tick the box and click Create Account.
- Your page will now look like the image below. You will need to set up a data stream, to do this you will want to select web.
- You can then enter in your website domain name (including the www.) and the name of your website, you can then click Create Stream.
- This will now look like the page below, this contains your measurement ID number which you will need to copy for the next step.
- Go to your Rocketspark Dashboard -> Get Found SEO here you will be able to update the Google tracking code and click save.
Your Google Analytics account is now connected! You can now view your site traffic in Google Anaytics.
**Please note that you will not currently be able to connect the graph to display on your Rocketspark Dashboard.
If you have connected the wrong Google Analytics Account or need to connect a new Account
Sometimes you may need to change your Google Analytics Account from your Rocketspark Dashboard for reasons such as you have connected the wrong account or you are wanting to connect a new account.
- You will first need to remove your Google Analytics Account from your Rocketspark Dashboard. Go to your Get Found SEO Section and find the section Google Analytics - Tracking ID
- Remove your tracking code from this area and click Save
Note: If you are reconnecting your account because you have connected the wrong account originally it is important that you have checked Steps 12, 13 & 14 above to ensure you are on the correct account.
Google Analytics have a great Learn programme, this will help you understand Google Analytics and be able to set this up yourself. To have a look into this please check out this link here.