Google Analytics provides a feature that allows businesses to track and measure the number of transactions, total revenue, each product revenue and the number of specific products sold that your online store generates. Below we will show you how to set this up in Google Analytics so that you can track your eCommerce interactions.
We have integrated this feature into every Rocketspark online store to help you establish the right strategy for improving your digital marketing ROI.
It is very easy to set up Ecommerce Tracking. There are three steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and set it up to enable eCommerce tracking in your online store. If you have no Google Analytics account or haven't set up Google Analytics in your Rocketspark website, you can follow this easy guide.
- In your Google Analytics account, you need to enable eCommerce tracking. To enable it, click on Admin
- Make sure that the Account and Property selected are correct. If not, select the correct account you want to set up the eCommerce tracking in. In the View section (third column), click Ecommerce Settings.
- Turn On Enable Ecommerce and click Save.
NOTE: Turn on Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting if you also want to track product page views, product impressions (number of times product shown anywhere on any pages, including when shown in a product block), product clicks, and checkout process. For more set up information, refer to the Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce section down the bottom of this help guide.
- You can now get reports about transactions, sales performance, product performance, shopping behaviour, checkout behaviour etc. associated with your online store. To see these eCommerce reports, in the report navigation, go to Conversions and click Ecommerce. The processing latency is 24-48 hours. This means that updates to reports can take up to two days.
Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce
Enhanced Ecommerce tracking is an optional feature within Google Analytics which allows you to track and measure extra actions including product page views, product impressions, product clicks, and how shoppers progress through the checkout process. We will also push through the order transaction when a successful purchase has been made.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click the ADMIN settings cog at the bottom left of your screen.
- Under your View settings, click into Ecommerce Settings.
- Toggle Enable Ecommerce to ON
- Toggle Enable Enhanced Ecommerce to ON
- Fill out the funnel steps as per below:
- Checkout Start
- Checkout Review
- Checkout Payment
- Click Save