You can easily manage your domain name with Google Domains and point it to your Rocketspark Website by changing some DNS records in your Google domains Dashboard. This is necessary to get your website live if you have chosen to self-manage your domain in your Website Upgrade process.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Google Domains account:
- Log into your Google Domains Account
- Once you have logged in you should see your domain name/s under the My Domains Section -> click Manage
- On the left-hand side you should see the option to manage your DNS settings -> Click on DNS in the left-hand menu
- In the DNS section scroll down to the Custom resource records section. Here you can add and/or edit your DNS records.
To change what record you are adding you can select from the dropdown
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our United Kingdom Server
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may take 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
Note: If you get a warning and/or you are unable to add these records in and your domain name is previously connected to an old website you will first need to disconnect your domain name from this site. You should be able to do this in your DNS section -> Click on the site and choose to disconnect the domain. Once this is done you should be able to go ahead and add the DNS records in.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or need further assistance, please contact the support team at Google. They will be able to make these changes for you.