You can easily manage your domain name with Google Domains and point it to your Rocketspark Website by changing DNS records in your Google domains Dashboard. This is necessary to get your website live if you have chosen to self-manage your domain in your Website Upgrade process.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Google Domains account:
- Log into your Google Domains Account
- Once you have logged in you should see your domain name/s under the My Domains Section
- On the left-hand side, you should see the Menu -> Click on DNS in the left-hand menu
- Under the Resource Records there is a section called custom records.
- From there go into Manage Records, you will need to add the record you are wanting to add in.
- Once done click on Create New Record and please make sure to click Save
Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may take 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
Note: If you get a warning and/or you are unable to add these records in and your domain name is previously connected to an old website you will first need to disconnect your domain name from this site. You should be able to do this in your DNS section -> Click on the site and choose to disconnect the domain. Once this is done you should be able to go ahead and add the DNS records.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or need further assistance, please contact the support team at Google. They will be able to make these changes for you.