This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your GoDaddy account:
- Log in to your Account. https://www.godaddy.com/
- Navigate to , select the domain that you wish to change the DNS settings on and click manage.
- On the top tabs click the DNS Zone File tab. This will display all the current records for the nameserver.
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our New Zealand server.
- It is also recommended to change the TTL between 30min and 1 hour. This controls how soon future updates will take effect. Make sure this is set to 1 hour and click 'Update'.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at GoDaddy. They will be able to make these changes for you.