It'll only take a few easy steps to add a video stack background from your Rocketspark dashboard page Editor. Here are the steps and questions you may have with a Video Stack Background:
- Log into your dashboard and go to Editor.
- Navigate to the stack you want to add a background for. Hover your mouse over the stack and you'll see a menu coming out from the right end of the screen. Click on the colour wheel in the menu to edit the design of this stack.
- You need to upload the video to your Youtube or Vimeo account first to be able to add the video as stack background on your website. If you don't have a Youtube or Vimeo account, follow this help guide to create one.
- To get the share link from Youtube, click the SHARE icon below the video and click COPY to copy the link of the video from the pop-up.
To get the share link from Vimeo, you can click on the Share dropdown above the video and choose Copy video link.
- Come back to your Rocketspark dashboard. Click open Stack Background in Stack-specific Design Options and move the slider to Video.
- In the Video URL field, paste the share link of the video you just retrieved from Youtube or Vimeo. You'll see the video is added as stack background.
- Click open the Video position selector and choose whether you want to show the Top/Middle/Bottom part of the video in the background of the stack.
- The height of the video will equal the height of the stack. To adjust the height of the video background, go to Width & Spacing under Stack-specific Design Options and drag the slider to increase top and bottom Stack Spacing.
Video Stack Background FAQ
How does Video Stack Background respond to mobile?
- When there is no content in the stack, a fixed height will be set for the stack and the fixed height will allow the video background to be full width and the entire video will show on mobile.
Note: If the video displays as a thin strip on mobile and you want to increase the height of it without adding content in, one technique you can try is to go to the desktop page Editor, add a text block in the stack, and add some spacing (by hitting the spacebar on keyboard) in the text block.
- If there's content in the stack, the height of the video stack background will increase and so only the centre part of the video will show on the mobile screen with the rest of the video chopped off. The background will just wrap the content so when the content's width or height change (e.g., when the content in different columns wraps), the video background on mobile will adjust accordingly to cover the whole stack. See how mobile responsiveness works on Rocketspark.
Note: It's not recommended to have long content or too many columns in a stack when using Video Stack Background otherwise you might get pixelated video background on mobile when the height needs to increase a lot to cover the wrapped content in the stack.
Can I have sound on for my video background?
If you need to play a video on your website with sound on (e.g., for a customer interview), Video Block will be a better option.
Can I have a Video Feature Area?
Refer to the last section in the help guide here: Editing the Feature Area.