You can create a coupon such as "Buy One Get One Free" to encourage customers to purchase specific products! Please note, to create a coupon, you will need to be on an E-commerce Plan.
This coupon method is great to use for the below examples:
- "Purchase two of the same product for the price of one"
- "Purchase 'x' item, get 'y' free"
- "Purchase 'x' item, and choose one of the selected products for free"
- (Example of what this coupon can look like)
- In your website dashboard go to Products
- Go to each product that you would like to be involved in this multi-buy discount and make sure they have the same tag or category applied.
For example, you can create a new tag like "241" on each product that will have this discount
Make sure to "Save Changes"
Next, go to Manage Store and click Promos and Coupons
Click Create a Coupon
- Enter a descriptive title such as "Buy One Get One Free"
Choose if you want this coupon to be used multiple times or as a single-use offer
- You will need to select "$ discount" - not "% discount"
- You will need to select "Products must match all category, brand, tag conditions"
Add the Category/Tag/Brand restriction for your coupon.
For this example, I made sure to add the tag "241" created earlier for this discount.
Choose if you want this coupon to apply for any other current promotion running.
- The minimum purchase is important for this discount to work.
With the products involved in the discount, make sure the minimum amount is slightly above one of the product price points.
For example, the two products in this example's discount go for $34.50 each. So, you would make the minimum purchase amount slightly above, such as $34.51.
Set a start and end date for your coupon to run.
- Set the dollar discount amount.
For this example, both products go for $34.50 and this discount is giving the multiple order a free item so the Discount amount would be $34.50.
- Create a unique coupon code for customers to use within the checkout experience
- Save the Coupon
Test this new coupon within your checkout experience to see if everything works well!
- Add both products to your cart (if it is the same product, add two quantities of this product)
- Go to the checkout and fill in test details
- Apply the discount code to the cart (e.g. "241")
- Check if the coupon works exactly how you wish with the 'Total' cost.
Step Four: Promote the Coupon
With this coupon now created, it is a great idea to promote this throughout your website. We would recommend adding any discounts to:
- An Announcement Bar on your website containing a short description of the discount details.
- Add a featured stack to your home page with the information on the coupon. You can add the products involved in this coupon using a Product Block.
- Promote the discount on any social media account with a link to your website category/tag/brand
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.