We try to enable SSL on your website's primary domain name when possible. If you have been with us for some time there is a chance that you might not have turned this on yet. Please follow the steps below to secure all aspects of your website.
Learn More: Read our guide here on What is an SSL Certificate
To enable SSL on your Rocketspark website follow these steps:
- Login to your Rocketspark dashboard.
- On the left-hand side click Domain Names.
- Find the domain that you are wanting to enable SSL on, click the pencil icon to Edit Domain.
- If the domain is hosted by Rocketspark click the Domain Options tab. If the domain is self-hosted the option will be listed.
- Click the Enable SSL button.
- A pop-up box will be displayed, click Enable SSL.
- You have successfully enabled SSL on your domain. Please note The SSL certificates enable at 5am, 9am, 6pm and 10pm each day (Server local time, NZT, AEST or GMT)
How much does it cost?
Enabling SSL through Rocketspark is FREE. We have partnered with Let's Encrypt, a not-for-profit organisation to supply our SSL certificates.
I already have an SSL certificate can I use this with Rocketspark?
Unfortunately, Rocketspark does not allow the custom installation of 3rd party SSL certificates, but we may look at opening this up in the future if this is requested enough. An alternative is to use CloudFlare with a custom SSL certificate, but this does require some technical setup.
Will an SSL certificate affect my Google rankings?
Having an SSL certificate is likely to have a positive impact on your Google rankings in future. Check out our blog about SSL certificates and the effect on Google rankings.
We automatically set up 301 redirects, which mean that any old URL's without https that have already been indexed by Google will automatically redirect to the new https version of the URL.