This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS Settings in your Domainz account:
- Login to your Domainz account. http://www.domainz.net.nz
- Click On The 'Search' button in the middle of your screen, all the names on your account will be listed.
- Click On the link for the domain name that you wish to update.
- Click on the link 'Edit Domainz Web and Email Services'.
- Ensure that the Domainz Forwarding Solutions option is selected, if it is not you will have to contact the Domainz support team before proceeding. Click the next button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'redirect to an existing page' option to point your A record.
- Enter the IP address the A record should point to which can be found on our support guide.
To use Rocketspark emails put a tick in the box to forward all email and enter the forwarding address as mx1.emailsrvr.com. Click the 'Next' button.
- Review the details, check the box to confirm acceptance of Domainz Terms and conditions and click 'Next'.