This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Names.co.uk account:
- To begin, log into your names.co.uk account. http://www.names.co.uk/
- Once logged in to your Online Control Panel, select Domain Names from the left hand menu.
- Now, looking back to the left hand menu, select DNS & Transfer Options
- Underneath DNS & Transfer Options you will now see a sub-menu, select Change Nameservers from the sub-menu.
- Check that the primary and secondary nameservers are associated with names.co.uk. If the nameservers are not set to names.co.uk then your DNS settings are setup on a different Name Server, we would advise that you contact names.co.uk in this situation.
- On the left hand menu now click on the DNS Administration link.
- Select the domain that you wish to modify associated with your website from the list displayed.
- A screen will be displayed asking you to add/modify DNS setting. Click the activate button under the activate advanced DNS settings option.
- Change the advanced settings. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our UK server.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at Names.co.uk. They will be able to make these changes for you.