When a purchase is made, an email confirmation is automatically sent from Rocketspark to your customer. This email is sent to the email address the client entered at the time of purchase. The order confirmation will be sent to your customer from an firstname.lastname@example.org address but the reply-to address will be the email on your account.
We send the emails from email@example.com because:
- The email was not sent by that person, it was actually sent by your website, which is on the Rocketspark servers.
- If we set the from address as the customer's email address instead of an @rocketspark email address, your email programs (Outlook, Google+) can detect that the domain of the from address does not match the server it was sent from and would likely block it as spam a good amount of the time, which would mean lost enquiries for you.
- The reason these email programs do this is that this is how scammers appear to email you from trusted companies like banks, PayPal, google etc. They make it appear like the email has come from a legitimate source because the from address says so, when in reality the scammer's web server is just creating an illusion.
The reply email address and the order confirmations emails you receive for sales in your online shop are sent to the email account that is used to log in to your Rocketspark website. Unfortunately the email cannot be configured to go to an email address that is different to your main log in email but you can change your login email which would change the destination for these confirmation emails.
The order will be added to your orders list located in your shop settings. To view these you can follow these steps:
- Login to your Rocketspark website dashboard
- Click the cog icon next to Shop to view the Shop Settings
- Here your sales report will be displayed along with whether customers have paid and whether you have shipped the product
For payments that are completed using Credit Card (CC) the payment will have been taken at the time of purchase and accepted. For bank deposits and other Direct Credit (DC) payments you may have to wait a few days until the customer has manually deposited the money into your account. For Bank Deposit payments you will have to manually mark the order as paid when the money has been deposited. To do this you can change the payment status for a customer by using the Paid tick box located in the shop settings.
Customising a extra message on the order confirmation email
You can add a custom message, business details, tax details to all order confirmation emails.
- Go to Store Settings
- Scroll down to Store Preferences
- Look for the heading "Order confirmation email"
- Add your message and click Save.
- We recommend testing how this message looks by placing a test order. There is no control of where this message sits on the email.
Customising Default Shipping Message
When you have shipped an item to a customer you have the option of sending them an automatic email explaining that their goods have been sent and any other details you may want to include like courier tracking numbers.
You can customise this email, to do so follow the steps listed below:
- Login to your Rocketspark website dashboard
- Click on the cog icon next to the Shop to access the Shop Settings
- In the menu on the left side click Shipping
- On the right side of the page click the button labelled Edit default shipping message
- This will display a popup box detailing the contents of the default email. There are four sections that can be customised
Subject: This will appear as the subject for the email.
Message Header: This is automatically set to input the name and order number of the customer you are sending the message too.
Tracking Information: Will display the courier tracking number. If you do not plan on having courier tracking numbers you can delete the text from this section.
Message Footer: Closing comments of the email which automatically inserts your company’s website name and URL.
You can make changes to any of the above areas. If you wish to save the changes you make click the Save button when completed.
Once you have received an order and payment you can begin to get the order organised and ready to be sent to the customer. When the order is ready to be shipped you can log back into your Rocketspark dashboard and let the customer know that the goods have been sent.
- Return to your orders in the Shop Settings
- Here there will be a drop-down box labelled Delivery / Pickup Status
- When you click Ship & Notify a pop-up box will appear, here you can enter a courier tracking number if you have one
- You can either click Save (this will not notify the customer) or Save & send to customer
- If you click Save & send to customer another popup will appear displaying the customised message to send to your customer explaining that the order has been shipped.