This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your melbourne.com.au account:
- Log in to your user account. https://www.melbourneit.com.au/
- under web managing services, click 'View Webhosting Services'.
- Click on a Domain name that you wish to change the DNS settings for. Click 'Manage Service'.
- Click cPanel, and then click onto the Advanced DNS Editor Icon. Here you are displayed with the DNS records and the ability to add them.
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our Australian server.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at melbourneit.com.au. They will be able to make these changes for you.
Please note that these may change depending on melbourneit.co.au. If you do note these instructions are not helping you, please feel free to let email@example.com know.