This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Discount Domains account:
- Log in to your user account. https://www.discountdomains.co.nz/
- Once logged in click into the Domains link on the left hand side.
- From the domain names listed select the domain which you want to change the DNS settings for.
- Under the nameservers tab make sure that the name server is hosted on the Discount Domains system, and click the "Advanced (Manage your DNS)" option. If this is not the case your DNS settings are setup on a different Name Server, we would advise that you contact Discount Domains in this situation.
- Click into the zone tab to set up the DNS records for your name server. Down the bottom left click add host and modify the entries. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our New Zealand server.
- Once it is completed click save zone configuration.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at Discount Domains. They will be able to make these changes for you.