This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your 123-Reg account:
- Log in to your user account. https://www.123-reg.co.uk/
- Click into the control panel.
- Once in the control panel click into the Domain names section.
- Select the domain name you wish to change the DNS for from the drop-down menu. Once one has been selected click the manage button next to it.
- In the advanced domain settings menu, click Manage DNS.
- Click into the advanced DNS tab, this will display all the DNS records associated with the domain name.
Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our UK server.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may take 1-4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make thee changes yourself or need further assistance, please contact the support team at 123Reg. They will be able to make these changes for you.
Please note that these may change depending on 123-Reg. If you do note these instructions are not helping you, please feel free to let firstname.lastname@example.org know.