The file upload block allows you to upload files to your website that your website visitors can download. For example, you might have a PDF of a detailed specification sheet or a form that needs to be completed by hand and signed. Rather than making your web page too cluttered with information your visitors can just download the file you have uploaded to your site.
How to upload a downloadable file to your website:
- Log into your Dashboard and go to Editor
- Go to the page where you want to add the file to be downloaded
- Hover your mouse over any existing block, click Add Block and then select File Upload
- Locate and select the file on your computer
- Once the file upload is complete hover your mouse over the file upload block and click the edit pencil icon and enter the text that you want to appear in the file download box. e.g. "View our price list"
- Click Save
- Go to Preview and test it
It’s as easy as that. You can also position a text region above the file download box if you want to give further instructions for your visitors.
Is it even okay to link to a downloadable file instead of putting that content directly on the page? Yes, but only when it’s called for. Take a look at our blog post to learn when and when not to use "download file" link on your website.
If we modify the original file, will we need to upload it again or does it read it from its location?
You will need to re-upload the file as per the instructions above
What file types can I upload?
You can upload the following types of files: