A stack is a group of blocks on a Rocketspark page or a type of special content like galleries or an Instagram stack for example.
You can copy a stack to the same page or copy it to another page by clicking the copy icon on the stack controls at the right-hand side of the screen when you move your mouse over any stack.
Some stack types aren’t able to be copied and this is indicated by a greyed out copy icon and a label when you move your mouse over it.
Copy a stack to the same page
If you want to add a stack multiple times on a page, you can copy it to quickly add rows of repetitive sections.
- Move your mouse over the stack you want to copy and click the copy icon in the stack controls at the right of your screen, then click Copy to this page
- The content, layout and design settings for that stack will be copied below the original stack.
- As soon as you copy the stack, you can edit the content of each stack but by default, the design style of those stacks will be linked.
An example scenario of why this is useful:
If you create a stack with a staff profile picture in one column and the profile text in the next column, you can copy it to the same page for each subsequent staff member. Then you can replace the text and the picture which is faster than adding a new blank stack and manually adding each block.
Copy a stack to another page
- Move your mouse over the stack you want to copy and click the copy icon in the stack controls at the right of your screen, then click Copy to another page.
- In the side-pane that opens on the left, click the page you want to add the page to or if you have a lot of pages, search for the page name.
- After the new page loading, click on the flashing add icon where you want to add the stack.
It is possible to unlink the content of a linked stack if you want to make content changes to that specific stack.
How to add recently copied stacks to a page
If you’ve copied a stack, it gets added to your recently copied stacks area — where you can access recently copied stacks, recently edited stacks and your most-used stacks at any time.
- On the page where you want to add a recently copied stack, click the add stack button where you want to add the stack.
- In the left side pane, click My Stacks.
- Your recently copied stacks will be listed with most recent at the top. The thumbnails give you a representation of what that stack would look like. Click on it to add it to the page.
If you add a recently copied stack to a page, it is linked to the original by default so the content and design are linked and updates to one are reflected on the other. View our guide on linked stacks to learn how to unlink a copied stack.