You can use the store-wide product image shape editor to set all your product images to be auto-cropped to be the same shape/format. This will result in a professional-looking online store, even if you've uploaded a mix of product images of varying shapes.
Follow the instructions below:
- Go to Store Settings in your Rocketspark Dashboard by clicking on the three dots next to Store.
- Navigate to Store Preferences down the bottom of the panel on your left-hand side.
- Click on the button Edit product image shape.
- You will be directed to your shop home page and a product shape editor will slide open on the left side of your screen.
- Select the option Auto-resize images.
- You can now choose your product image shape to be portrait, square, or landscape. For portrait and landscape, you can also click open the selector to choose the ratio for your store-wide product images.
- Click Save changes.
- For online stores created after 13 Oct 2020, your store-wide product images will be shown as 8:10 portrait with auto-resize turned on by default. If you want to change your product image shape to be square, portrait, or in a different ratio, you can follow the above steps to make customised changes in your Store Preferences settings.
- For online stores created before 13 Oct 2020, your store-wide product images will keep the original shape as when you upgraded them. If you want to have uniform-sized product images, you can follow the above steps to make customised changes in your Store Preferences settings.
- Before uploading the product images, it's recommended to put the focal point of the product in the centre of the image and have some space around the focus. This is to ensure when you select the auto-resize option, your product can be displayed in the centre.