Afterpay/Clearpay restricts certain categories of products from being sold with their platform. In general if your shop sells mostly restricted items then your application won’t be approved. However if you sell mostly approved items with just a couple of restricted items, then you will need to remove Afterpay or remove Clearpay for just those items.
This list is from Afterpay/Clearpay and is correct at the time of publication but may change in future.
- Gift cards
- Perishable goods
- Alcohol in bulk or hard liquor
- Recreational drugs or equipment to facilitate drug use
- Explosive materials or instructions for making explosives
- Pornographic material, experiences, and digital content
- Gambling related content
- Products that enable dishonest behaviour
- Consumer electronics
- Forward delivery of goods/services over 90 days from purchase date
- Ongoing services (eg subscriptions)
- Goods or Services that infringe third party intellectual property (without limitation) counterfeit goods and pirated content
Read about how it works for your customers.