About Wincave (formerly known as Payment express or DPS)
Windcave is a long-established gateway used and trusted by thousands of businesses worldwide. It's a reliable way for customers to pay you online using their credit or debit card. Funds will appear in your bank account automatically, usually the next business day.
In order to use Windcave for your gateway, you will need a merchant account with your bank. If you are already processing credit cards in your offline shop, you may already have a merchant account and this simplifies the setup process. If you don't already have a merchant account, Windcave will assist you with getting one.
To get started with Windcave you can complete an application form from your Rocketspark dashboard and an account manager will be in touch.
Setting up Windcave
- Go to the Rocketspark Dashboard > Shop settings > Payment gateways. Select Windcave and click “setup new account”
- Complete the application form - some of your contact details may be prefilled to make this quicker. Windcave can also provide EFTPOS facilities, so tick the EFTPOS box if you are interested in this service as well.
- A Windcave account manager will make contact within 2 business days and assist with the setup process.
To get your merchant account approved, your bank would potentially want to check if your website complies with certain requirements. In response to that, we recommend you to:
- Make sure you have Terms & Conditions set up properly;
- Make sure you have a valid address shown on your site;
- You don't need to really set your website live if you are not ready, though, you'll need to flick that website online/offline toggle to be "on" in your dashboard, and send the trial website address (in the format of yourdomainname.rocketspark.co.nz) to the bank so that they can examine on the draft site;
- It's a good idea to also set up bank deposit as a temporary payment gateway for your shop so that your bank can experience the purchase journey on your website;
- Some banks would require you to also have the Master/Visa card logo in your footer. If you need this, feel free to send in your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get it added for you.
- When your account is ready, you will be provided with a PxPay User ID and PxPay Key (similar to a username and password).
- Return to the Rocketspark dashboard (Shop settings -> Payment Gateways) and click “Edit settings” next to Windcave.
- Enter the PxPay User ID and PxPay Key that were provided by Windcave.
- Enable Payment Express by changing the toggle from red to green.
Token Billing / Enabling Recurring Billing Card feature
Rocketspark can enable the Add Billing Card feature which saves your customers cards into the Payment Express client login area. From here you can add Scheduled/Recurring payments or charge the card again. To get this setup please email email@example.com and we can enable this for you. You will also need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have them enabled the recurring billing feature at their end as well.
View the Payline user guide below to learn how to manage these payments in the Payline interface, look for the "Charging Cards / Establishing Recurring Billing" heading.
Windcave Payline user manual
Click here to view the Payline user manual, you will need to get your login details from Payment Express.
View the manual