Having the right category selection option for your shop can be very important to the usability and buying experience on your online store.
We provide two category selection options:
- Multiple selected (default), This allows your customers to choose multiple categories on the store filtering tools. Choosing multiple categories adds the products from all of these selected categories together increasing the number of results shown.
- One at a time, With this option your customers can only choose one category at a time. Clicking another category de-selects the previous category so the product results remain more specific to just that one category.
When to use One at a time?
If you have many products under your categories and the customer selects that category to view a category as well as another one or two then there will be too many products out on the page for the customer to go through. Whereas if you have the function for only one category to be selected at a time then the customer will be able to browse through each category without all the clutter.
In general for larger stores we recommend using One at a time.
How to change the selection setting?
- Login to your Rocketspark dashboard. If you are unsure of how to do this then follow our login guide here.
- On the left-hand side click on the settings cog to the right of the store field.
- At the very bottom of the lefthand side menu, click on the Store Preferences link. This will take you to the control panel in which all of your default shop options are stored.
- Scroll halfway down the page and you will see the "Category selections - one at a time or have multiple selected" section. To change if you want multiple categories selected at the same time or just one, simply click on the drop-down menu and choose your desired option. The settings will automatically save and update your store.