You can obviously change design elements whenever you’d like by using the “Edit Design” options but occasionally you might want to do a full redesign. If you’d like to start a redesign yourself there are two ways you can go about this.
Option 1 - Best for smaller information websites
- Start a new Rocketspark trial, edit the template to exactly how you want the design and then copy and paste all of your text content across to the new design, re-upload your photos and make all the settings exactly the same.
- Once you have the site how you would like, let Rocketspark Support know and we will transfer your domains, emails and billing history across to the new account for you.
Option 2 - Best for larger websites with blogs and e-commerce shops
- Start a new Rocketspark trial, edit the template to exactly how you want the design just focussing on the homepage.
- Once you are happy with the design, choose a time when your traffic is low on your website (early in the morning or late at night usually) and have both the new trial site and your existing website but side by side on your computer.
- Have the “Edit Design” panel option on both sites open.
- Go through each of the sections in “Edit Design” and match the new trial site design to your existing site design. This will make the design of both the same and give your old website a fresh look.
NOTE: Your website will never be “broken” or inaccessible during this redesign time. The reason for trying the design out on the trial site is to spend some time trying different things without then having your own website looking half designed.
You can always get one of Rocketspark's authorised graphic design partners to do a redesign of your website or just get them to do a tidy up of your website as well. You can find a Rocketspark Graphic Design partner here.
These designers are experts in using Rocketspark and have a great eye for detail and design. They are also able to help with other graphic design collateral like business cards, flyers, logos etc.