A payment gateway connects to your shop and allows customers to make payments to you. There are several different payment gateways for you to choose from, each with their own pros and cons. You will need to enable at least one payment gateway in order for customers to be able to make payment through your shop.
Most payment gateways will charge fees (either monthly, per transaction, or a percentage of transaction amount) and will require some setup.
Click on the gateway you wish to use to be taken to instructions for its setup:
- eWAY (setup instructions): low monthly fees and no merchant account required
- Windcave (setup instructions): well-recognised and trusted brand. Rocketspark customers get special pricing.
- Stripe (setup instructions): Easy setup and low fees.
- PayPal (setup instructions): Easy and fast to set up, though the checkout process isn't as smooth as the other options. Also allows customers to pay with Paypal funds.
- Bank Deposit / Direct Credit (setup instructions): Allows customers to make manual bank transfer payments. Great to use this in addition to one of the above credit card gateways.
- Afterpay/Clearpay (setup instructions/setup instructions (UK)): Allow customers to pay over 4 fortnightly payments.
- Zippay (setup instructions): Allow customers to split their payments (AU only).
- Laybuy (setup instructions): Allow customers to pay over 6 weekly payments.
If you need help with choosing or setting up a payment gateway, have a look at these help guides: