Gift Mode is an awesome feature which allows customers to purchase gifts for people and get it delivered straight to the person receiving the gift.
If your customers are predominantly buying from you as gifts that they want to be delivered to someone other than themselves, we recommend enabling Gift Mode. Here’s what Gift Mode gives you:
- After the email address field, there’s a checkbox where the buyer can specify if they are buying this as a gift to deliver to someone else (this message is editable by you on your Store Preferences page and you can set this to be selected by default if most of your orders are being purchased as gifts).
- This tickbox then optimises the rest of the checkout for buying a gift to deliver to someone else. The First Name and Last Name field labels change to Recipient's First Name and Recipient's Last Name. The phone number field becomes optional for the recipient’s delivery details.
- At the next step, the billing details become required, as these are the details of the person paying for the gift (not the recipient).
If you don’t want to enable Gift Mode but want to show billing details expanded by default, we can force Billing Details to be expanded as a manual modification. To get that enabled for you, contact the Rocketspark support team.
How to enable/disable gift mode
- Login to your Rocketspark dashboard. If you are unsure how to login, view this login guide here.
- Click on the cog icon next to the store link on the left side of the page, this will take you to all of your shop settings
- Click on the "Store Preferences" link on the bottom left of the menu
- You can now edit your checkbox message to be displayed if the order is a gift and turn gift mode on and off.
- To edit the checkbox message simply change the editable text and either press "Enter" on your keyboard or click outside of the edit text area and it will save automatically (a green tick shows this has been successful).
- To turn the gift mode on or off, click on "Enable gift store mode" or respectively "Disable gift store mode".
Gift Mode and custom checkout fields
Gift mode works in unison with any existing custom checkout fields you have setup. If you would like to add additional custom fields to your checkout, contact the Rocketspark support team with a description of the fields you’d like to add.