In some email account programmes, you may find that your sent messages are missing across all of your devices. This is commonly due to different software deciding to place the sent messages in different IMAP folders.
The Rocketspark webmail site puts sent emails in the "Sent" folder but other software like Outlook might use the "Sent Items" folder. Also if you are using a device you might need to also configure your sent emails to be stored in the same folder.
The best solution is to have all software and devices using the same sent folder so a full history of sent emails can be seen in all places. Because the webmail site uses the "Sent" folder we'd recommend settings all devices to use this folder as well.
Rocketspark doesn't keep a full list for configuring the folder locations for all devices and software but we have included a few common devices below. For device-specific support, we recommend contacting an IT support company as device-specific support is not included in your website support.
Outlook 2013 - 2016 for Windows
Outlook 2007 - 2013 for Windows
iOS: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
- Launch the Settings app
- Choose Mail
- Choose Accounts
- Select the account with which you are having trouble syncing the Sent folder
- Tap on the Account option at the top.
- Choose Advanced at the bottom
- Under Mailbox Behaviours, tap on "Sent Mailbox"
- Ensure that the folder called "Sent" is checked off under the "On the Server" section
Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra and similar
- Open Mail and choose the "Mail" menu in the upper left. Select Preferences.
- Choose the "Accounts" Tab at the top, then select the account you wish to adjust in the list on the left.
- Select the "Mailbox Behaviours" tab on the right.
- Under "Sent Mailbox" be sure to select the correct mailbox as "Sent" folder on the server.
- Close the Preferences window and choose to save your changes if prompted.