FullStory is a webpage capturing system that captures what your customer is doing on your webpage. A particularly useful implementation of this is to track abandoned e-commerce carts so that you can get some insight as to why a visitor didn't complete their purchase.
FullStory captures live website "recordings" in which you can see anything your customers have done on your website. FullStory can also capture things like rage clicks (frustrated customer clicking rapidly on something) and broken links. Check out what FullStory has to offer.
How much does FullStory cost?
FullStory has a range of plans. For most Rocketspark customers the free plan will be completely adequate.
Check out FullStory's pricing page on what different plans have to offer.
You can see FullStory's full policies on their site.
A few important pieces of information:
- Information gathered using FullStory cannot be provided to third parties for the purpose of assembling, exchanging or selling customer profiles (e.g. ad exchanges, data brokers).
- Although FullStory does not make available to you any data that isn't already accessible to your code in the context of your website, it does make it much easier to gather data.
How to integrate FullStory with Rocketspark
- First, create a FullStory account by clicking on this link and signing up.
- Check your emails for the activation link and follow the steps from FullStory.
- Once you've set up your account, you can install FullStory on your site. You can do this in two ways. If you've set up Google Tag Manager on your site you can link FullStory that way, otherwise select the Install your FullStory snippet option and copy the code it provides.
- Login to your website dashboard using your Rocketspark login details.
- On the left-hand side menu, click on Get Found (SEO)
- Scroll down to the bottom of that page and paste your FullStory code into the Custom <head> tracking code section. Click Save once you have pasted in the code.
This will activate your tracking code and you can now view your website's activity from your FullStory dashboard.
How to view replays of customer journeys on your site
- Login to your FullStory dashboard.
- On the main FullStory screen at the top of the page you can see the customers that have been on your website since you've had FullStory active on your website.
- To view your customer's journey simply click on the green play button, this will bring up a playback screen in which you can view the customer's journey as well as seeing all click events.
How to setup FullStory filters to capture abandoned carts
A useful implementation of FullStory with your website can be to capture abandoned carts. This can allow you to view the customer's journey before they abandoned their cart to possibly gain insights to their reason for abandoning.
- Check out FullStory's guide on how to setup filters to give you an idea of how they work and other strategies you can use to capture events happening on your website.
- In order to track abandoned carts, apply the filters as shown.
- You can then view your customer's journey by clicking on the play button.
Please note that these may change depending on FullStory. If you do note these instructions are wrong, please feel free to let firstname.lastname@example.org know.