Facebook shopping allows you to be able to add display and add products to your Facebook page to be able to be viewed through your Facebook business page or Instagram. When you set up Facebook shopping customers will be able to see a preview of the product along with a price and product details.
The setup process can be quite involved and confusing, so if you are keen to get somebody else to assist you with the setup, please contact us so that we can refer you to our expert partners and they can provide a quote to set up Facebook Shopping for you.
Here are the steps from our own learning on how to enable Facebook Shopping using Rocketspark's Google Shopping feed.
Create a catalog in Facebook Business Manager using the Rocketspark Google Shopping feed.
Our Google Merchant Feed is an XML file from which Facebook can access and fetch information automatically and build the data feed in your catalog.
- Go to the Google Merchant menu in your Rocketspark Dashboard Shop Settings.
- Copy your Google Merchant Feed URL.
- Go to your Facebook Business Manager, click the menu up the top left and choose Catalogue Manager.
- Create a new catalog by clicking the Create a New Catalog button.
- Choose the Type of your catalog, and then configure the settings of your catalog, including the Catalog Name, Catalogue Owner (set this to be your business Facebook Page), and upload method (select Upload Product Info).
- Navigate back to the Catalogue Manager, and choose the catalog that you've just created.
- Add products to your catalog by clicking Data Sources under Catalogue on the left-hand menu.
- Click Use Bulk Upload, then click Next
- Select Scheduled feed, then select Next and paste in the URL from your Google Merchant Feed on your Rocketspark site. You don't need to add a username or password. This will not work on private login sites.
- Next, you need to select how often the schedule updates. We recommend daily. Once you've selected your update schedule, click Next and give your data feed a name and a currency. Ensure your currency matches the one you've set up on your Rocketspark store.
- You will see that your feed is being uploaded. Once done, check if all products in your Rocketspark shop have been added to the catalog from the Products tab. Facebook will also let you know if any products have been rejected.
You will need to make sure that each of the products has at least one image attached to it as this is what will be pulled through to Facebook. It is best practice to ensure your site and products are set up before it is connected to Facebook Shopping to ensure that the right information is pulling through. If you have any products that are rejected and you are not sure why please feel free to send these through to email@example.com.
Once this is all uploaded your products should start to show on the business Facebook account.