What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping is an advertising service from Google that promotes products from your online store in Google search results. Google Shopping results often appear at the top of search results. Google now offers free listings for some countries including New Zealand, Australia, the UK and more. You will still be able to boost your campaigns with paid ads if you would like to get a step ahead.
Rocketspark has created a direct feed from your online shop to your Google Merchant Centre so that your Google Shopping Campaign can be up to date with the latest products and not promote products that are out of stock. The automated feed means that you don’t need to manually update your Google Merchant Centre.
You will need to create a Google Merchant account if you don't have one already, you can set one up by following our help guide on how to get up a Google Merchant Account.
Create a feed in Google Merchant Centre
1. Log in to Google Merchant Centre
2. Go to Products in the left-hand menu.
3. Next, click on Create a feed (advanced option)
4. Select your Country of sale and Language, then click Continue.
5. Name the feed and select the option for a Scheduled fetch, then click Continue.
6. Add in the File name and Time zone details for the File URL you can generate this from your Rocketspark Ecommerce settings -> Google Merchant where you will be able to generate a Google Merchant feed that can be copied and pasted into this section. You can leave the username and password section blank.
You can then click on Create feed.
Set up free product listings
1. Go to Google Merchant click on Growth -> Manage programs and select Free product listings.
2. You will see the following checklist of items you will need to set up to be eligible for free product listings.
3. Set up tax, this only applies to United States you will still need to click on this and confirm these settings are correct and click Save.
4. If you have shipping services you will be able to click to add this information. (this is optional)
5. The website URL should already be provided, if not you can enter your URL.
6. Provide your business address and click save for each area.
7. Add product data -> This should pull through from the feed we set up earlier - if not I would recommend going back to the feed and requesting this to be re-fetched. (this can also take some time to process depending on how many products you have)
8. Once all items have been completed then you will need to read and accept the policies before being able to click Activate.
You have now finished setting up free product listings, this will update automatically from your Rocketspark store with any updates made to your items.
If you find that this guide is not up to date please let the Rocketspark support team know. We try and keep the guides up to date but Google can change their system at anytime.