Before you begin adding or editing text you must log in to Rocketspark Dashboard, go to the page editor (by clicking Editor in the top menu) and add a text block. This user guide assumes that you have already read the Rocketspark Admin User Guide which provides instructions for logging into your site and creating the blocks that you add your text to. This help guide will show you how to add text, edit your heading text and edit your paragraph text.
How to add text:
- Once you've added a stack to your website, add a block.
- You will see the Add a block popup. Choose text.
- The following text block will appear. You can add a H1, H2 or H3 heading in the heading section and your paragraph text below.
- Once you are happy with your text, click Save on the right hand side.
- To edit your text, click the edit pencil and make changes as needed.
How to edit your heading text:
- H1, H2 and H3 are different heading options. Check out How do I use headings correctly?
- B makes your text bold. You will need to highlight your text and then click B.
- I makes your text italic. You will need to highlight your text and then click I to italicise.
- U underlines your text. You will need to highlight your text and then click U to underline.
- The next icon allows you to add a link to your heading.
- Type into the main body of the text editor the word or words that you want the customer to click on as a link.
- Highlight these words with a click and drag of your mouse
Click , then click Insert link to open the Insert/Edit Links tool
If you are wanting a link to an external website, just paste in the link in the URL box. If can also choose if you want your link to open in a new window or tab by ticking the Open link in new tab box. If you are wanting to link to another page in your website, click the Page dropdown, then select what page you want the link to go to.
Note: To edit or remove a link just click anywhere on the link when you have text editor open and then click on then click edit link or click on unlink to remove the link.
- The final icon allows you to change the alignment of your text. You can choose from left, centre and right alignment.
- To remove your heading, click - on the right hand side.
- To add this back in, click Add Heading.
- To add a second line to your heading area, click shift and enter at the same to enter a new line.
How to edit your paragraph text:
- Just like the heading text, you will need to highlight your text and then click B to bold, I to italicise and U to underline your paragraph text.
- To create a bullet or numbered list, highlight your text and click the following icons.
- Follow the same instructions as above in the headings section to add a link.
- You can change the alignment of your text. You can choose from left, centre, right and justified alignment.
- Click on the two little lines to the left of where the paragraph text is. This will give you the option to add a table or line to your paragraph text.