Lead your visitors on a journey
A great website will guide visitors along a clear journey towards achieving the desired outcome. For example, a restaurant will lead a visitor to their food and drink menus and then onto the Contact Us page to make a booking.
With the Make your own button feature you can create buttons that match the design of your website and lead your visitors through your site. Check how Bex at www.minthair.co.nz uses buttons.
- Create a button that automatically matches the design of your site
- Type your own text on the button
- Link each button to another page on your site, another website, a blog post, a category of products in your shop or an individual product in your store
- Make the button call a phone number
Set up a button on your website
Watch the video or read the step by step guide below.
Step by step instructions
- Log into your Dashboard and go to Editor
- Go to the page where you want to add a button
- Add a stack
- Click Add Block and select the Button block
- Add the text that you want to display on the button
- Select where you want the button to link to.
OTHER BUTTON OPTIONS:
How to set up a telephone number using a button:
If you select the "website" option and enter tel: plus your phone number e.g. tel:0800762538 the button will call that phone number when touched on a smartphone. Make sure tel: has a lower case 't' for this little trick to work.
How to set up an email using a button:
There's two options with using a button to go directly to an email. This is also known as a 'mailto'. Click on the 'website' option and type in 'mailto:' and then your email address. Here's an example of what this should look like: mailto:email@example.com
The other option is to use an outside mailto generator which will create a pre-filled new email. To create, click here to load a mailto generator. Once you've created the URL, copy and paste this under the 'website' option.
- Click Save
- Now preview your page to check that everything looks great.