With our Rocketspark mobile website maker your Rocketspark website will automatically be re-organised for optimal viewing when visited on a smartphone which means you can make your own mobile website and you don't actually have to do anything.
Why should you make a mobile website?
Internet usage via smartphones is accelerating and if you want your website to be most effective it should be optimised for mobile phones. A recent study by Google found that 75% of people prefer to browse a mobile friendly site on their smartphone. To read more evidence about why you should have a mobile site check out our blog post on why you should have a mobile website.
Key features of Rocketspark mobile websites
- Looks great on smartphones and easy to navigate
- Uses your existing Rocketspark website content so no additional editing is required
- Fast loading on mobile devices
- The website menu is easy to manage on touch screens
- Tap to call – dial a phone number straight from the website
- Easy to turn mobile off if you prefer everyone to see your full site
How to set up Rocketspark mobile website
- Rocketspark mobile websites are automatically enabled for all new Rocketspark websites so that when someone visits your website on a smartphone they will see the mobile version.
- If you were a Rocketspark customer before we launched Rocketspark mobile you can activate Rocketspark mobile by clicking the mobile preview button and then turn on your mobile website.
- Your website content and website header is automatically arranged for a smartphone. All you need to do is click the mobile preview button to ensure that the mobile layout looks good.
How is the content reorganised with Rocketspark Mobile Response
When you build your website you will need to be conscious of how your website content will respond on a mobile device. The stacks will wrap first and then the blocks. Watch this video to see how Rocketspark mobile websites automatically rearrange your content to fit on mobile screens or check out the info-graphic examples below.
Single stack example of how Rocketspark mobile website content is automatically arranged
If your page is set up with only a single stack with multiple blocks in it you may find that the mobile order is not ideal because the column order takes priority over the row order. That is, we take all the blocks in the first column and then all the blocks in the second column. This means that a block that you'd like to feature near the top of your mobile site ends up halfway down the page. We recommend that you break your page up into more stacks as per the two and three stack examples below.
Two stack example of how Rocketspark mobile website content is automatically arranged
In this example you can see how the content in the first stack is arranged first before the content in the second stack is arranged.
Three stack example of how Rocketspark mobile website content is automatically arranged
- If you don’t wish to have a mobile website you can turn it off in the mobile preview screen.
- You can use Rocketspark for just your mobile website if you already have a desktop version of your site. Learn about using Rocketspark for just your mobile site here.
- There is a link at the bottom of your website to View Full Website so that visitors can go to your full website if they wish. Once on the full website they can click a link to return to the mobile site. If you don't use Rocketspark for your main website you will need to set up this functionality to link between your main site and mobile site. Learn about using Rocketspark for just your mobile site here.
- Your mobile website uses your main website content but your mobile site will not display facebook and twitter feeds but the facebook and twitter menus will feature in the menu at the bottom of each page.
- To view your mobile website on your Desktop computer in a different way add "/?mobile=true" to the end of your domain name. For example "mywebsite.rocketspark.co.nz/?mobile=true".