If you are coming to the end of your 30 - day free trial on Rocketspark, you may be thinking, what’s next? This guide will show you how to upgrade your account from a free trial and go live so that the public can view it. But, before you get the breakdown of what you need to do to upgrade your account, here's some FAQ's:
Upgrade and go live frequently asked questions:
Can I upgrade now and go live later?
Yes, you can upgrade from free trial now and keep editing your website. Then make it live when you're ready.
After I upgrade can I keep editing my website in the same way?
Yes, you will be able to keep editing your website content in the same way you have been on trial.
After I upgrade, how long will it take to start showing up at my domain if I choose to go live straight away?
If it is a brand new domain name we are registering for you, this will take less than 48 hours. If you are transferring an existing domain name, this varies depending on the type of domain name. View timeframes for transferring a range of different domain names.
How to upgrade your account:
If you're all ready to upgrade your account, here's what you need to do:
- Log in to your Rocketspark website dashboard.
- Once logged into your website click one of the ‘Upgrade Now’ buttons.
Go live as soon as possible or Upgrade now and go live later
- The option to ‘Go live as soon as possible’ or ‘Upgrade now and go live later’ is displayed. If your website is complete and ready to be set live click the first option, otherwise if your website still needs some work before going online click the second option.
NOTE ABOUT GO LIVE LATER OPTION:
If you choose the go live later option and have an existing domain name that you're wanting to transfer to Rocketspark, the transfer won't start until you click the Begin Transfer button after you upgrade.
If you choose the go live later option and want us to register a new domain name, we will register this immediately following your upgrade but you can leave your website in offline mode and change the toggle to online on your dashboard home page when you're ready to go live.
If you choose the go live later option and have an existing domain name that you're wanting to self manage, just avoid making any changes to your domain name's DNS settings until you're ready to go live with the new website.
- The upgrade process will now prompt you for a domain name. You have two options from here. You either have an 'existing domain' which you already have ownership of, or you would like to register a 'new domain'.
If you already have a domain name click the ‘Existing domain’ option and enter your domain name. If you would like to transfer your domain over to Rocketspark (the domain name remains in your ownership so you don't feel like we'll be keeping you hostage but we do take care of the billing and technical details), then click 'Transfer domain'.
Here's more on the subject if you are eager to get started on your domain transfer: Transfer web domain.
If you feel you are technically savvy in the realm of domains and would like to 'self-manage' your domain, click 'Self-managed'. If you're not quite sure, we suggest having a read of our helpful support guide to know more on the subject: Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark?
If you do not have your own domain name yet, click ‘New domain’ and enter the domain name that you wish to have for your website. Once you have chosen a domain name click ‘Next Step’ to continue.
Some domains such as .au and .uk need some extra eligibility information entered to show that you qualify to hold that domain name.
Here's more on the subject of 'how to register a new domain with Rocketspark': How to register a new domain
You will then be asked if you would like any email accounts to be hosted by Rocketspark.
If you do want emails hosted by Rocketspark then enter in any emails you want to add and click ADD. Click choose payment type once you are finished adding emails (or if you don't want any emails hosted by Rocketspark).
- The next step is to choose your website package and payment type. Choose what plan you would like.
Select whether you would like to pay monthly or annually by selecting the checkbox.
Once you've chosen your plan, go ahead and click on Select Plan to continue.
- Your next step will be to fill in all your Company/personal details:
And don't forget to let us know how you hear about us and what industry you're in:
- If you have a coupon code that you would like to use – here’s where you would use it:
- Tick the 'Terms & Conditions' box.
- If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you are prompted for your payment option. You can choose using the slider whether you would like to pay using credit card or bank deposit. Bank deposit is only made available for New Zealand clients and if you are paying annually.
If you decide to use a credit card, fill out your card details and click the ‘Pay Now’ option to upgrade your website:
If you've chosen to pay via 'Bank Transfer' switch the payment toggle to 'Bank transfer' and click 'Pay by bank transfer'. Bank deposit is only made available for New Zealand clients and if you are paying annually.
After you've gone through your upgrade process fully, you'll receive an email from us. This email will outline all the choices you've made during your upgrade process. If you have any questions or you would like to change the options that you've selected, please contact us.
If you have chosen to register a domain name this will begin straight away and you will receive email updates on the progress. If you chose to Transfer a domain name you will be prompted to complete the Domain Transfer process. Or review your domain from the Domain Names page in Dashboard.