Yes, it is possible to add a simple table to a Rocketspark website and this can be added inside a text block.
How the table feature works
- First, create a text block and click on the ‘table’ tool. You’ll want to begin by clicking ‘Insert Table’ which is the first item in the options.
- This will create a table with a 3*3 layout. You can edit your row and column layout by clicking again on the table icon and selecting from the many options available there.
- Next, you will probably want to add a heading area (This is optional). A heading area will underline every cell at the top row of your table so it stands out better.
To do this, first click on any cell of your table, then go back to the table tool and click ‘Add Head’.
- Now it comes down to adding content into your table, don’t worry if the cells dramatically jump to different shapes and sizes, it will be evenly spread out once content is added to each cell.
Text inside the table can be formatted with Boldness Italics or Underlined just like any normal text block would function. You can also add a ‘Block Title’ to display above the entire table. To edit font styles and sizes, this must be done in your ‘Edit Design’ tab (found at the top left of the editor, not in the text block).
- Aligning text cells: You can also align each block of text in each cell however you prefer (E.G. centred or aligned to left). Keep in mind, text in the Head section often doesn’t display the same way it appears in the ‘Edit Text Block’ window, so make sure you specifically format it to be centre aligned if that is what you want.
To align cells, highlight the text you want to align, and then click the ‘Alignment’ tool to choose which position you want it in.
How this all looks:
Can I add borders and images to my tables?
With the table feature it is not possible to add cell borders to each section, though we can add this for you free of charge if you contact us. We can also add images inside the cells if you wished. You should however, be able to add most of the content to it yourself and align the text in each cell to your preferences.
Picture table method
An alternative method to adding a table into your website is to design it in a graphics programme or word processing programme, take a screenshot of it, and then upload it into your site as an image. This should take less time and it should be easier to make the table look exactly how you want it. So that this will look sharp on high definition retina screens, we recommend enlarging the table to double size and taking the screenshot, then it will automatically resize down when you upload it.
There are a couple of disadvantages to this approach:
- Text that is embedded inside a picture will never look as sharp as text that is displayed as text.
- Search engines like Google won't be able to read the contents of your table, so you won’t get any search engine ranking benefits from the text content inside the table.
- Visitors of your site can’t interact with it as well, meaning they can’t copy the text from a particular cell(s).
PDF download method
Another approach for large, detailed tables is to upload the file as a PDF using the File Upload block, so your visitors can download it to their computer.
Related Support Guides:
What is a screenshot and how do I take one?