Here's how to add a Google Map to your website using our Map feature:
- Log into your Dashboard and go to Page Editor
- Go to the page where you want to add the map
- Click Add Block and then select Map
- Enter your address
- Click Save
My location is not correct or not showing up on the map
Our map block uses Google Maps technology. If your address is not showing up correctly it is likely that your address in not accurate in Google Maps.
If the address is not showing up as the right location you can tell Google to correct it. Check out this guide for how to submit an amendment to Google Maps.
If you would like to embed your own simple Google Map rather than using our Map feature, here's how:
- Complete the steps at this help guide: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3544418
- Once you have the embed code, use the Rocketspark HTML block to add it to your Rocketspark website (read HTML block instructions).
Options for the above are outlined below:
Elfsight Google Maps Widget - https://elfsight.com/google-maps-widget/
Google Maps Custom Maps - https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/
Multiple location maps
If you have more than one location there are a few options for you.
- Add multiple maps onto the page in a grid layout with a text block heading for each location.
- If you want to show multiple locations on a single map you can create your own locator map with Google My Maps at www.google.com/mymaps and embed the map into your website with our HTML block instructions; or
- If you are looking to add a Stockist Locator map to your website please see the below:
The best way to implement a Stockist Locator Map to your website is by adding it as a widget using a 3rd party application. A great Application to use would be Elfsight which can be found here: https://elfsight.com/google-maps-widget/
or you can always use Google directly here: https://www.google.com/maps/
These widgets can then be added to your website using the HTML block provided and outlined here: How to add custom HTML code to your website - embed widgets?
Display a map in Google results
The map that you see appearing in search results for businesses is set up by creating a Google My Business page.
We recommend that you set up a Google Business page as it can help with your search results.