Issuu.com is a service that turns PDF documents into flipbooks, allowing a reader to read the document online in a way that mimics flipping through a printed magazine. You can add the Issuu widget so that your visitors can view the flipbook without having to leave your website. Please note that this is a third party integration so there may be costs associated with using their product. Just follow these steps:
Stage 1: Get the Issuu Code
1. Sign into your Issuu account.
2. Click on the 'My Publications' tab. (No publications yet? Learn how to turn your PDFs into Issuu flipbooks here).
3. Your flipbooks will appear. Click drop down on the right of the publication.
4. Click on 'Embed'.
5. You’ll be taken to a 'Design your widget' page, where you can adjust how the flipbook will look and work on your site. If you’re happy with the settings (you can always change these later), scroll to the bottom of the page to the and click 'Save style'.
6. The 'Embed code' box has code (text that looks like gobbledygook). Copy the code (How? First, using your cursor highlight the code. Second, copy it by selecting 'Copy' from the browser’s 'Edit' menu or use the keyboard shortcut [PC: Ctrl+C, Mac: ⌘+C]).
Stage 2: Put the Issuu Code in Your Site
7. Sign into your Rocketspark dashboard.
8. Click the Editor button at the top of the page
9. Find the stack where you want to insert the Issuu widget. Click 'Add Block'.
10. Add a 'Text' block.
11. The Text Block editor will appear. Now that Source Mode has been activated, the following symbol should be visible: < >. This button allows you to switch between the text editor and Source Mode. Click that button. (Button not there? That means Source Mode hasn’t been activated yet. See Step 1.)
12. You’re now in the Source Mode editor. Paste the code you copied above (How? Paste it by selecting 'Paste' from the browser’s 'Edit' menu or use the keyboard shortcut [PC: Ctrl+V, Mac: ⌘+V]).
13. Click the 'Publish' button.
14. It may take a few seconds, but your flipbook should soon appear.
Your Issuu widget should now be successfully embedded, ready for your site visitors to flip through!