This help guide outlines the different ways you can receive and process orders with Rocketspark’s scheduled ordering capability.
Related help guides:
- Setting up Scheduled Ordering
- Scheduled Ordering setup by business type
- How to set up Mailparser for managing your online orders
Scheduled ordering is a brand new Rocketspark feature. We recognise that there are many different ways that businesses operate and we are very keen to hear feedback about how we could help streamline your order management processes during a busy service. Please contact us if you have any feedback.
OPTION 1: If you already have a POS system
- Your front of house staff can either receive orders into your email inbox or as new orders on your Rocketspark orders dashboard depending on your preferred option. They can review the order and act as a gatekeeper before sending the order to the kitchen. If there are any issues in terms of order times or items ordered, they can contact the customer.
- Front of house staff then enter the details of the order into your existing POS system, just as you would if you’d received an order from a table of diners. This should be a fast and familiar way to send orders to the kitchen, just as you would with in-store table orders.
- At step 1, you may choose to print the order at front of house so that once the order has gone out the door to a pickup or delivery you can mark that order as completed on the paper.
- If managing the orders out of an email inbox you may also archive the order email at this point. If you’re managing orders on the Rocketspark orders dashboard, you can mark items as picked up or shipped (sent out for delivery).
NB: If managing orders on the Rocketspark orders dashboard you will need to refresh the page to check for new orders. You could use the email approach and the orders dashboard in unison. With sound turned up on new email notifications this could alert you to new orders, which you could then review and process in the orders dashboard.
OPTION 2: Bypass existing POS system
- When orders come into the Rocketspark orders dashboard OR your email inbox (depending on your preference), start preparing the order by printing them to a regular printer in the kitchen or reviewing the order digitally by opening that order inside the Rocketspark orders dashboard. If reviewing digitally this could be set up on a dedicated computer or ipad placed in a suitable location for your order coordinator to see.
- Once the order is ready for pickup, you can mark the order as ready for pickup on the Rocketspark orders screen and send an email to the customer. If delivering the order, send it out for delivery and mark it as shipped. Or if managing orders from a printed email, archive the email or stamp/mark the printed order as done.
More advanced options:
We recommend you set up Mailparser to process all your Rocketspark shop order emails so that you can then set up and utilise Zapier Email Parser to send yourself text messages whenever an order has been made from your online store. See the help guide How to set up Mailparser for managing your online orders.
By editing which email address order emails are sent to, you can send order emails to a Zapier Email Parser email inbox. Zapier Email Parser is a way to capture data fields from an email and send them to Zapier. Zapier is an integration tool where you can then send your data to thousands of other apps.
Some examples we have tested using Zapier email parser in this way:
- Receive a text message when an order arrives.
- Send orders to an Asana board where you can run a digital docket system on a computer or ipad with columns for new order, preparing and done. Asana would be free for this purpose.
View the Zapier email parser help guide
Instead of steps 6-10 you will need to change your order email to send to the Zapier parser email inbox address and submit a test order. This will send a test email to this address. All other steps are the same.
- View Zapier email parser help guide
- View How to set up text notifications using Zapier for your online orders?
Other Zapier scenarios that may be possible but haven’t been tested by the Rocketspark team:
- Sending orders to a Trello board and managing as a paperless docketing system on an ipad.
- Sending orders to a board based sales CRM like Pipedrive or Hubspot CRM. This in theory would also give you sales reporting capabilities.
- Anything else that connects with Zapier.