What is Clearpay?
With Clearpay, retailers are now able to gain access to a large and growing segment of shoppers in the UK who are increasingly using buy now, pay later services as an alternative to credit cards. Clearpay is a payment gateway available to your customers in the United Kingdom.
How to activate Clearpay on your Rocketspark store?
When you enable Clearpay on your store, all eligible products are automatically toggled on, however you can remove Clearpay as a payment option for certain products.
1. Open your Dashboard and click on Manage Store on the left of the window.
2. Now click on the Payment Gateway tab in your store settings.
3. Next to Clearpay, click Set up new account or if you already have an Clearpay account, select Use existing account.
4. When you click on Setup new account, you'll need to click on 1. Create a new Clearpay merchant account in the pop up window.
5. Complete the Clearpay merchant application. Clearpay will provide you with a Merchant ID and Secret Key. This process may take several days/weeks to complete depending on your application
6. Return to your Payment Gateway page in your Rocketspark store settings.
7. Click the Use existing account button and enter your Clearpay Merchant ID and Secret Key, then Save Changes.
8. Select Enable Clearpay, all eligible products are automatically toggled on, however you can remove Clearpay as a payment option for certain products. See the help guide here.
9. We recommend that you now complete a test transaction to confirm that everything is working.
What is the process for customer purchases with Clearpay?
- On every product page, buyers will see a label under the price about the 4 interest free payments but they add the product to their cart as per usual purchases.
- Your customer chooses Clearpay as their payment method at checkout, and they'll be required to pay their first instalment at the time of purchase.
- Clearpay will pay you the full amount of the purchase. Settlement payments to you will be made based on the processing time agreed (typically within 2 business days), less a small transactional fee as a percentage of the purchase price - there are no further costs for your business.
- You ship the goods to your customer.
- Your customer will pay Clearpay for the rest of their purchase instalments, so their's no risk to you.
Clearpay restricts certain categories of products from being sold with their platform. In general if your shop sells mostly restricted items then your application won’t be approved. However if you sell mostly approved items with just a couple of restricted items, then you will need to disable Clearpay for just those items.
This list is from Clearpay and is correct at time of publication but may change in future.
- Gift cards
- Perishable goods
- Alcohol in bulk or hard liquor
- Recreational drugs or equipment to facilitate drug use
- Explosive materials or instructions for making explosives
- Pornographic material, experiences, and digital content
- Gambling related content
- Products that enable dishonest behaviour
- Consumer electronics
- Forward delivery of goods/services over 90 days from purchase date
- Ongoing services (eg subscriptions)
- Goods or Services that infringe third party intellectual property (without limitation) counterfeit goods and pirated content
More information on Clearpay?
See How to set up Clearpay as a Shopper.
Read about how Clearpay works for your customers.