The Rocketspark picture block gives you a lot of flexibility into adding, cropping, and editing images that appear on your website. The video block allows you to add videos to your website from Youtube and Vimeo with the click of a button.
However, occasionally you need to add gifs to your website for extra movement and design flexibility. The easiest way to do this is to use a gif hosting service like Imgur to host the gifs and then add them to Rocketspark using the HTML block.
- Create an Imgur account and upload all the gifs to that account in the right size that you need them for the website.
- Copy the address that the gif is stored at on the Imgur website. e.g. https://imgur.com/MsJZmu4
- Login to your Rocketspark website and go to the page where you are wanting to add the gif too.
- Add a Stack where you want the gif to go and then choose the HTML Block from the block options.
- Paste the address into the HTML Block and add the following code around the address.
<img src= "http://imgur.com/example.gif"/>
Note: You may need to add .gif to the end of the address so that it pulls just the gif without all the extra content around it. Also, every piece of punctuation is very important to the code working and one missing piece of punctuation will mean the gif will not work.
- Click Publish and check that the gif is showing as required. If not, check the gif is live on Imgur or that all the punctuation is 100% correct in the code.