GoSweetSpot is a free platform built to streamline the shipping process. From creating and printing labels and packing slips to booking pickups and selecting the best courier price from a range of different courier providers. Please see below on how to connect with GoSweetSpot.
To connect your Rocketspark shop with GoSweetSpot, you need to provide us with your API key. To get your key, follow the steps below:
- If you don't have a GoSweetSpot account yet, log in to your Rocketspark dashboard, then click on the gear icon beside Store in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Click on GoSweetSpot in the left-hand sidebar menu. Then click Sign up now with GoSweetSpot.
- Log in to your GoSweetSpot account.
- Click on Administration in the menu bar at the top
- Click on Manage Users
- Click on your name in the table that appears
- Copy the API token at the bottom of the screen.
Please note: The API token in the below screenshot is for example purposes only and your API token will be unique to your GoSweetSpot account.
- Once you have your token, log in to your Rocketspark dashboard.
- Click on the settings cog icon beside store in the left hand menu
- Click on GoSweetSpot in the left sidebar menu
- Enter your API token from GoSweetSpot (step 6 above) in the field and click Connect to GoSweetSpot
- You're all set up and ready! Read the section below about how it works.
How does it work?
- Approximately every 30 minutes we'll push any new paid orders from your Rocketspark shop to GoSweetSpot. From here you will be able to log in to your GoSweetSpot account and process the orders.
- For orders paid by bank deposit, you'll need to mark the order as paid for it to be sent to GoSweetSpot
- Rocketspark will automatically check your GoSweetSpot account every hour to retrieve any updates to your orders to update your Shipped status. We can detect if your order has shipped and will automatically mark it as shipped in your Orders page in your Rocketspark dashboard.
- For your orders from outside NZ/AU, you could still manage shipping and order fulfilment from your dashboard. GoSweetSpot only takes over orders once you create a packing label in your GoSweetSpot account, so if you ignore those orders in GoSweetSpot, it’ll never alter the order status in your Rocketspark dashboard and you can manage the order manually.
What courier providers can I use with GoSweetSpot
GoSweetSpot streamlines courier delivery for a number of key providers. These include:
- New Zealand Post
- Australia Post
- Castle Parcels
- Post Haste
- New Zealand Couriers
For a full and up to date list, please visit Shipping Services - New Zealand.
How do tracking emails work?
Once an order has had a label created within GoSweetSpot, we disable the ability for you to mark it as shipped via your Rocketspark dashboard to ensure everything is correctly synced up between your shop and GoSweetSpot and prevent double handling. Once the order has been marked as shipped in GoSweetSpot, we will mark it as shipped in Rocketspark automatically. Rocketspark won't send the tracking email, as we recommend setting up GoSweetSpot to automatically send out these emails.
If you don't process an order through GoSweetSpot (for example, someone requests they want to come to pick it up or you will personally drop it off) you have full control over marking the item as shipped through your Rocketspark dashboard.
If you mark an order as shipped in your dashboard, it will break the connection between Rocketspark and GoSweetSpot for that order. This means its status won't auto-update.
If you see the sync is not working, contact us straight away to let us know. If you manually create the order in GSS please note that the order won't sync when the sync is working again so you'll need to manually mark the orders as shipped.