The approach you take for setting up Mailchimp popup is dependent on the type of website you have:
- If you are an eCommerce store see our guide for setting up Mailchimp Ecommerce with Rocketspark which includes a streamlined way of setting up an email form popup.
- If you are not eCommerce, follow the steps below.
Mailchimp email sign-up form popup for non-eCommerce sites
- If you haven't yet connected your website with a Mailchimp account go to our guide on connecting your website with Mailchimp.
- Go to the Mailchimp guide for setting up a popup on your website then follow their instructions to obtain the code that you need. At the end of this process, you will have a code from Mailchimp that needs to be put into your Rocketspark site.
- Log into the website dashboard area of your website.
- Add an HTML block and paste the Mailchimp code into the HTML block.
- Log out of your website dashboard and test that the popup is working.
Your new popup should be ready to go!
Note: When you close the popup Mailchimp remembers what you have done on your device so won't display the popup again, including when in editor mode in Rocketspark. If you accidentally close the popup and want to check it is still there then you can view your website in Incognito / Private Window mode in your web browser and log in to your dashboard in Incognito mode and Mailchimp will think you are a brand new visitor and will display the form.