Blog tags are keywords or phrases that can be added to a blog post. These enable visitors to your website to easily search through all your blog material by selecting a tag that is most relevant to the material they are looking for.
Multiple blog tags can be added to a single blog post which allows you to sort your blog posts into multiple categories.
How do I add blog tags?
- Log into your website dashboard.
- Firstly navigate to your Blog under Editor mode
- On the blog page either click the ‘Write new post’ button or click into an already created blog post.
- If you are making a new post, enter the blog title and click save. Then continue and scroll down to the bottom of the page, here you will see a textbox with the heading “What is this blog post about”.
- In the box enter a keyword or phrase that you would like to associate with the blog post and then click the “Add tag” button. Repeat this process until you have added all the tags you would like on the blog post.
- You have successfully added tags to your blog post, to view them return back to the blog home page and they will be on the right-hand side.
How do I remove a blog tag?
- Log into your website's Dashboard.
- Under Editor mode, navigate to your Blog
- Click on the Blog tag you wish to remove, this will open up all the blog posts under this tag.
- Click into each blog post and remove the tag that is associated with the post. To do this scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the current tags displayed next to “Add tag” button.
- To remove a tag from a post simply click the ‘x’ next to the tag you want to remove.
- Once a tag is un-assigned from all posts it will be removed from the system.
How can I change the order my blog tags appear on my blog home page?
- Log into you website's dashboard
- Click on the cog next to the Blog link on the left hand side
- On this Blog Settings page, you can select to have your blog tags list in order of either Most Popular tags (The tags with the most posts appears first) or Most Recent (The tag with the most recent post appears first).