Facebook is a great social media platform in which to promote your business to a larger audience. You can direct users to your businesses Facebook page using the social media aspects of the website and with the addition of a LIKE button. You can add a Facebook LIKE button via embedding an HTML snippet.
You can connect up to a Facebook page which drives traffic to your Facebook page via the Dashboard -> Social Media section. A guide on how to do this can be found here.
To add a like button to your webpage:
- Choose the URL of the Facebook page you would like to use with a LIKE button (Usually your business Facebook account).
- Copy the URL into the code configurator found on this page. You can adjust the width and other settings to your liking.
- Once you have customized your button click the Get Code button. Code similar to the image below will be displayed.
- Now you have the code for a like button. Go to your website Dashboard and click the Get Found (SEO) button found on the left-hand side.
- Halfway down the page will be a section named Custom <body> tracking code. Insert the first piece of code for the Facebook LIKE button here. Click the Save button.
- Now go into Editor Mode.
- Insert a new Code Block into the Stack where you are wanting your LIKE button to be placed.
- Paste the LIKE button code that was generated and click Publish.
- You now have a like button on your webpage.
NOTE: Your like button will not be visible to you when you are in Editor or Preview mode, it will just display as an empty block. To check that it is working view your website logged out or in incognito/private browser mode.