Connecting your Rocketspark online shop with Xero via our Xero integration is very easy. You’ll need to be set up with Rocketspark and Xero before you begin.
Learn about the benefits of using the Xero integration, for connecting your Rocketspark online shop with Xero.
How to connect your Rocketspark ecommerce shop with Xero:
- Log into your Rocketspark dashboard
- Click the ADD button next to Xero in the Add Ons menu on the lefthand side.
- Click the "Connect to Xero" button and you will go to a Xero log-in page
- Log into Xero (you need a Xero account) and select your account from the dropdown and click "Authorise"
- In your Rocketspark dashboard choose the Xero account code that you want online sales to be recorded against. The Xero account code for sales is often 200 but if you are generating many online transactions per day you should look at using a clearing account. Click here to see how Xero explain the process or talk to your accountant for advice on best practice accounting for your business.
- Once you have linked Xero and chosen your account, you will need to set taxes for each country that you ship to. To do this, click on Taxes in the menu to the left.
- For each country, choose a tax type. These tax types are pulled from your Xero account. To set up or change these tax rates you will need to log in to your Xero account. Go here to learn more about the Xero Tax Types and Tax Rates.
- The set up is now complete. We recommend that you do a test transaction in your shop to see the process in action.
When you complete a test transaction you will see:
- An itemised invoice is created in Xero for each online transaction and shows products ordered, shipping, discounts and tax
- Invoices for successful online sales are automatically approved in Xero so no manual invoice approval is required
- A customer record is created in Xero when the online sale is completed
Are you on the Starter Plan with Xero? What you need to know:
If you are on a Xero Starter Plan you can only create 5 invoices in Xero per month. Once you hit the limit of 5, any invoices received over this amount will not be sent to Xero. Please be sure to upgrade your Xero plan once you start to generate some sales.
- Do my products in my Rocketspark shop get added to Xero?
No, we currently don't push any products from your shop to Xero.
- If I make changes to my items in Xero, will these be updated in Rocketspark?
No, any changes you make in Xero won't be carried across to your Rocketspark shop. Any invoices that get generated will use the details from your website.
- Will a customer's repeat orders go against that customer's record?
The unique identifier for a customer is their email address. As long as a customer uses the same email address each time all of the sales will be recorded against that customer.
- Can I have more than one website connected to my one Xero account?
No, Xero only allows you to connect one website with a single Xero account.