Flint is Rocketspark's new SEO tool, intended to help you improve your site's rankings in Google.
Where to access Flint?
- Log into your Rocketspark Dashboard.
- There are two ways to access the Flint helper:
2.1. In Manage Pages, you'll see an SEO column. The SEO column will initially show a plus icon, meaning that you haven't yet used Flint to help set up your SEO for that page. Once you start using Flint, a wheel will appear with traffic-light colours indicating how far along in your SEO set up for that page you are.
2.2. Go to the Editor mode by dragging the slider to Editor in the middle top of your screen. In Editor, hit the lightning bolt in the top right corner.
How to use Flint?
Watch the video to see how to use Flint in 2 minutes!
- First, you'll be asked to select your industry. Not all industries are currently optimised for Flint - if your industry isn't optimised you can still use the tool, the suggestions it provides just may not be as useful as for the optimised industries: What to do if Flint isn't currently optimised for your industry?
- Next, you'll be asked about your target market. If you're targeting your local market, you'll also be asked for your primary service area. If you're targeting nationally or internationally, you can still use Flint, but you may want to enlist the help of an SEO expert as well.
- Finally, you'll be asked for your company name. This will be what shows up in Google results so we recommend using the simplest version of your business name.
For example, if your business was Andrea's Floristry Company Pty. Ltd. t/a Andrea's Flowers co., we'd recommend writing in your business name just as Andrea's Flowers.
- You can then follow the process to select your keyword phrase, complete your title tag, and your description tag. Flint will provide AI-generated suggestions for these, but make sure to check them yourself as well (especially if your industry is not optimised for Flint).
- Once the above is done, you can add your chosen keywords on your page 3 times. Automatically generated text suggestions will appear when you hit the flashing pencil icon.
To add Flint's suggested text, click on the 'green +' and then edit the text to suit.
- You can now repeat this procedure on your other pages.
Where to find Flint in my Rocketspark dashboard?
There are two ways to access Flint. 1. From Manage Pages in your Rocketspark Dashboard. 2. Switch to the Editor mode to see a lightning bolt on the top right-hand corner of your site. Click the bolt to start using Flint and follow the instructions to get SEO advice for the particular page you are on.
Why is Flint not optimised for my industry?
As a computer brain, Flint is still learning and so hasn't yet perfected text content for your industry. If your business doesn't fall within one of the currently optimised industries, we'd suggest that while Flint is still learning, you use a keyword phrase you are more confident with from doing your own research. Once the keyword phrase is confirmed, you can still use Flint to assist with generating your meta tags and web page content.
What if I think the recommended keyword phrase is inaccurate?
Flint, as a computer is still learning and has only been trained on a limited number of industries so far including bookkeepers, builders, homeware, restaurants, accommodation, and schools. If you are not designing a site for one of those industries, it's likely you will get inaccurate recommendations.
Will Flint make suggestions for the whole site or just a particular page?
Flint will suggest different keyword phrases, meta tags and descriptions for the page you are on. When you complete the process for one page, it's recommended to switch to another menu page on your site and start using Flint again by clicking on the lightning bolt or in Manage Pages for page-specific suggestions.
How do I get the generated text paragraphs?
Follow the instructions above, you'll need to complete answering the questions on the pop-ups and complete the step "Choose main keyword phrase" to be able to activate "Keyword on page 3 times". Click open keyword on page 3 times, you'll see some pencil icons flashing on your page. Click into one of them to see the suggested text which you can use on your page. You can tweak the wording on your page to suit.
Can Flint suggest content for my blog and shop pages?
Unfortunately, Flint doesn't work for blog and shop page SEO optimisation at the moment. If you think it's a critical feature for you, please let our Customer Success team know for our future development.
Once the keyword phrase/title tag/description tag has been done through Flint, do I still need to make changes in the Get Found (SEO) section?
Once you start using Flint, you'll need to make all changes using Flint. The only time you'll need to use the Get Found (SEO) section are for Custom Tracking Codes and for Google Analytics/Tag Manager.
Does Flint Pick up the content in my Feature Area?
Currently, Flint ignores feature area content, including H1 headings.
Can I hide a page from being found on Google?
Yes, you can hide your page from being found in Google searches. Check out our help guide here. This is a good feature when creating landing pages and when you want to know that the only way someone could get to that page is direct ad campaign traffic and not organic SEO traffic.