You can connect your Rocketspark forms with Mailchimp. This allows you to send through data from your forms into Mailchimp for us in email marketing campaigns.
- You'll need to have a Mailchimp account. Sign up here if you don't have a Mailchimp account. Mailchimp offers a free version of their services, however, if you are needing something more advance they have paid options available too.
Log into your Rocketspark Dashboard and navigate to the Email Marketing section in the left-hand side panel.
- Click on Connect Mailchimp and you'll be linked to the screen where you can enter your Mailchimp Username and Password. Click Log In.
Note: If you want to link to a different Mailchimp account, you can disconnect your current Mailchimp account and repeat steps 1-3 for linking to your new account.
- By clicking Log in, in the previous step, you'll be redirected back to your Email Marketing page on your dashboard. This page will have been updated to show that your Rocketspark website is now connected with Mailchimp.
If you want to create an email subscribe form keep reading the guide below.
Are you an online store?
If you are an online store we recommend you also connect your online store with Mailchimp Ecommerce to provide email opt-in at checkout. You won't see the 'Connect Mailchimp Ecommerce' button on the Email Marketing page unless you are currently on our 30-day free trial or on Rocketspark's Ecommerce Grow or Pro plan. See our guide for how to change plan.
Create an email subscribe form and link it to a Mailchimp audience
Having your Rocketspark form linked with Mailchimp is a great way for turning the information captured from your web form into a great marketing resource. It's very easy to set up in your Rocketspark dashboard.
- Under the Email Marketing tab in your Rocketspark dashboard, click on the Create button, under Form Builder integration and alongside Create an email subscribe form.
- If you haven't connected your website to Mailchimp before, or you don't have an audience (contact list) set up in Mailchimp yet, you'll see the following pop-up.
- You'll need to do the following:
- Click the dropdown and select Create a new audience.
- Name your audience and click Create subscribe form.
- The newly-created audience list will sync and appear in your Mailchimp account.
If you already have an audience (contact list) set up in Mailchimp, you'll either be redirected to My Forms, or you'll need to select your audience from the dropdown and click Create subscribe form to be taken to My Forms. Alternatively, just navigate to My Forms to get started.
If you created a new signup/subscribe form this will now be visible in Mailchimp as well.
Creating and editing your Form/s
- In My Forms in your Rocketspark Dashboard, the first time after linking to Mailchimp you'll see a default form named "Newsletter Signup". If you have only one subscriber list in Mailchimp when connecting your Mailchimp account with your website, the Newsletter Signup form will be automatically linked to the only subscriber list in your Mailchimp account.
You can Edit and customise your form for different purposes by tailoring the field label and the field type, changing the order of the fields, and marking a field as required.
- If your Mailchimp list hasn't automatically been connected.
Click the blue "Connect" button on the edit form page to connect your form to Mailchimp.
Can I sync the field change I made in Rocketspark to Mailchimp and vice versa?
- When editing a Form. Go to Dashboard -> My Forms and click Edit on your form. Tick the checkbox in the Mailchimp column and you'll see a pop up "Connect Field with Mailchimp". Ticking the Mailchimp checkbox indicates you want this field to sync the data to Mailchimp when a visitor fills out the form.
- You could either create a new field in Mailchimp to match the field you created in Rocketspark or connect the field to an existing field in Mailchimp.
- If you have created a new field in Mailchimp, you can view/manage this field under the Audience Fields / MERGE tags area. Learn more about Mailchimp fields here.
- Likewise, if you add a field from Mailchimp, it will sync back to Rocketspark. Follow the Mailchimp guide here to learn how to view your existing fields.
Note about synchronisation between Rocketspark and Mailchimp
- In order to simplify the synchronisation between the two systems. We ONLY sync a limited set of field types (e.g., Name, Email, Phone, Text Field, Text Box) between Rocketspark and Mailchimp. Other field types in Mailchimp (e.g. dropdown, checkbox, radio buttons) can not receive form data from Rocketspark at this time and your Rocketspark fields will need to be synced to a plain text field.
- Fields are sometimes called Merge Tags in Mailchimp.
- When the change is saved in one system, it can take 10 to 20 seconds to sync the change over to another system. If you happen to see a delay in synchronisation, this could be the reason.
Are you an online store? See our guide for Mailchimp for ecommerce.