Rocketspark allows you to easily link your Instagram account with your website so you can add an Instagram live feed on your website and/or so your visitors can easily click to view your Instagram account. You’ll need an Instagram account if you don’t already have one. You can create an Instagram account at https://instagram.com.
+ If you previously linked your website with Instagram and need to reconnect for whatever reason, here are the steps.
NOTE: If you're already logged in on an Instagram account on your browser Rocketspark will automatically connect to that account when linking Instagram up with your website. Make sure to log out of any personal Instagram accounts on your browser before connecting everything up.
You want your business website to link to your business Instagram
If your business Instagram account is set up underneath your personal Instagram account (using your personal login details), follow these steps first before linking your business Instagram account with your Rocketspark website.
Open Instagram and select your business handle (name) from the dropdown, (if it's not already showing).
- Click on the burger menu icon (3 lines), then click on Settings.
- Click Security.
- Select Create Password, and add a new password for your business account. When you link your Rocketspark website with your Instagram account, you'll use this new password with your business handle/account name.
How to link your Instagram with your Rocketspark website
- Log into your Rocketspark Dashboard.
Click on the 'Social media' link on the left-hand menu
Next to Instagram click the add button.
Sign in to your Instagram account, using your business Instagram account details and then click Log In.
- Make sure that the slider is turned on if you want the social icon to appear on your page
This can be linked on your page by using either the social media buttons which can be added in a block on the page or in your Sitewide Design Settings. The social media icons can be placed in the header, side, page links or footer of the page.
Just click on the Social Media Design Options button to go directly to your Social Media Icons tab in your Sitewide Design Settings.
If you want to learn more about why you should use social media to market your business please check out our guide here.
Reconnecting your Instagram account with Rocketspark
NOTE: If you connected your Rocketspark website with Instagram before 28 May 2020, you'll need to follow these reconnection steps in order for your Instagram feed to continue to update live on your website.
- In your Social Media Settings, click on your Instagram name/handle. A pop-up will appear.
- Click the Disconnect button to disconnect Instagram (You must do this in order to reconnect it, have your Instagram log-in details handy).
- Now reconnect your Instagram with Rocketspark by following the steps above here.
Rocketspark does not store any of your personal data when connecting to Instagram. If you wish to remove your images from Rocketspark, simply disconnect your Instagram account from the Social Media page in your dashboard
If you connect a Private Instagram account to your website this will disconnect from your website after 60 days. You will need to connect a public Instagram account to your website in order to not have this disconnect.
If you connect a Public Instagram account and then make it private this will also disconnect your Instagram connection with your website.
You can change your Instagram profile to a public profile in your Instagram settings -> Privacy