If you have purchased an email account through your dashboard you may also want to access your emails through Apple Mail on your desktop or laptop. In this guide, we will walk you through how to set this up set by step.
Part one: Connecting the account
1. Launch the Mail app. If Mail is not in your dock, Command (⌘) + Space Bar. Then type Mail in the Spotlight search. Press enter to launch the Mail application.
2. Within Mail, click Mail on the top left. Then select Add Account.
3. In the pop up window select Other Mail Account and click continue.
4. In the next screen fill out your details and then click sign in.
Name: Enter your first and last name.
Email address: The email you are trying to set up.
Password: Enter the password you use to get into your webmail account.
5. You will then see an alert saying Unable to verify account name or password, this is expected as there are a few extra settings you will now need to add in.
Email Address: The email you are trying to set up.
Username: The email you are trying to set up. (even if this shows as automatic please fill this in)
Password: Enter the password you use to get into your webmail account. ( Please manually enter this in, this may show as prefilled which can pull though an incorrect password)
Account type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: secure.emailsrvr.com
Outgoing mail Server: secure.emailsrvr.com
6. Click sign in.
7. Select the desired apps that you would like integrated with the account.
Part two: Configure the account
1. Within Mail, click on Mail in the top left. Then select Settings.
2. Select the accounts tab at the top of the window and then select your IMAP account from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Go to the Mailbox Behaviours tab and check to make sure that the mailboxes are saved to the correct folders.
4. Finally, go to the Server Settings tab and under the Outgoing Mail Server SMTP, uncheck the Automatically manage connection settings. (Make sure you do it under SMTP, and not IMAP, as they have the same checkbox)
5. This will unlock a new area below. Here you will be able to change the port number to 465.
Save these settings and your email inbox should start to work within the next few minutes, if you have a lot of emails in here it can take some time to sync all emails across into this mailbox.