Google Tag Manager is an advanced way to embed page and event tracking onto Rocketspark. Typically this is used for adding Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels and AdSense. Google Tag Manager is highly complex, so you may want to leave this to a digital marketing agency. If you are just wanting to install Google Analytics please follow our Setting up Google Analytics and Understanding the Event Tracking feature in Google Analytics guide.
Create a Google Tag Manager account
- If you don't have a Google Tag Manager account already, sign up from here.
- If you already have a Google Tag Manager account but want to have a separate container set up, you can create a new Container by clicking Admin and then clicking the + button under Container.
- Choose "Web" as the target platform, and then click Create.
Get Google Tag Manager Tracking ID
- In Tag Manager, click Admin.
- Near the top right of the window, find your container ID, formatted as "GTM-XXXXXX". This is your ID.
Continue reading this help guide for adding Google Tag Manager tracking to your website.