Creating a coupon or promotion is a good way to get people to buy on subscriptions. For merchants selling subscriptions on Rocketspark, the following promotion methods are achievable on your Rocketpark store:
- 99% off the first subscription order
Create a 99% off single-use per customer coupon and set it to allow only for subscriptions.
- Pay $1 on the first subscription order
Create a $1 one-off product and create a 100% off single-use per user coupon that applies only to subscriptions.
If you want free shipping for this first order, you can create a new shipping rate as $0 and apply to all your subscription products. Otherwise, you can ask your customers to pay an $X of standard shipping in addition to the $1 for the order.
NOTE: When customers check out, they’ll need to add both the $1 product and the 100% off coupon code to make sure they only pay $1 for their first subscription order. This is recommended to clarify on your website and/or in your marketing messages.
- Pay half shipping rate when buying subscriptions
Create a separate shipping rate that's half price of the standard shipping and only assign that shipping rate to products that are available on subscriptions.
NOTE: This will allow customers to have half-price shipping not only on their very first subscription order but also on all the subsequent subscription orders.
- Free shipping over a certain amount
This is not only a good strategy for promoting subscriptions but will encourage people to add more value to their cart in general.
* It's not recommended to offer the first-week subscription for free due to Stripe being the only available payment gateway for subscription orders now on Rocketspark and requiring a $0.50 fee as minimum order value. It's also not a good practice given the fact that when offered the first week for free customers tend to have a higher chance to cancel their subscriptions once the free week is fulfilled.
If you have other ideas or questions for doing promotions for your online store, please don't hesitate to contact us.