When setting up your site with a Google service (such as Search Console) you may be asked to verify your domain with Google. There are multiple ways Google offers to do this, however we don't support all of them. The ones we do support are below.
Add an HTML tag
This is the preferred method for Rocketspark customers. The biggest advantage is that you can verify your site almost immediately.
- Add a new property and press Continue. For this method, you'll need to use URL prefix option.
- Often, they'll recommend uploading an HTML file however this method isn't supported by Rocketspark, you'll need to select HTML Tag in the Other verification methods section.
- Copy the HTML tag Google gives you.
- Go into your dashboard -> Get Found (SEO) and scroll down to find the Custom <head> tracking code box. Paste your code into here and click Save.
- Go back into Google and click Verify. It should be able to pick up the tags shortly after you add them, however, if you are using a service like Cloudflare you may need to wait a bit longer before it can pick the changes up.
Add a TXT Record
- Add a new property and press Continue. For this method, you can use the Domain option or the URL prefix option.
- Copy the TXT record Google provides:
- Next, go to your dashboard -> Domain Names and click on the pencil beside your domain name (if your domain is hosted elsewhere you'll need to log in to your domain provider and add the record there).
- Under Add new DNS record, select TXT from the dropdown, then in Subdomain type "@", finally, paste the verification record into the TXT Value box, then click Add Record.
- Once the record is added, click Save Changes. It can take up to 24 hours for the record to be picked up by Google.
- Go back to Google and click Verify Domain. If it fails, you may need to wait a bit longer.