Adding a 'Jump to Top' button to your site allows for quicker navigation around your pages, particularly if they are on the longer side. You can set this up with a button, an image, or a text link. The following instructions are for adding a button - but doing this with an image or text link is very similar.
- Add a button somewhere on your page - the sitewide footer is a particularly good spot.
- Give the button a name and select website as the link destination.
- In the URL box, type in #top and click Save.
- You will get a warning saying "This URL may be invalid. Click save to continue anyway." Ignore this warning and click on Save again.
- Your button should now take you right to the top of your page.
Extra for Experts
You can jump to some other sections of your site with built-in anchor links.
- Use #content to jump right below your feature area.
- Use #footer to jump to the very bottom of your site.
- You can also use #shadow in place of #top to jump to the top of your site.
- Alternatively, you can insert <a name="custom-anchor"></a> into the Custom <body> tracking code box in the Get Found (SEO) section of your dashboard, and then link to #custom-anchor, though this will only work when you are logged out of your dashboard.