If you sign up with Rocketspark today, your Rocketspark website won't have /page/ in the URL (page address). If you already signed up on a trial or upgraded a Rocketspark website before 27 May 2020, /page/ will still be there for you.
You have two options for removing /page/ from your URLs on your website:
- Remove /page/ from every page on your website in one click
- Remove /page/ one page at a time, or only for particular pages
Remove /page/ from every page on your website in one click
With this method, redirects will automatically be created for all the pages on your website. You will not need to set up redirects yourself. Not sure what a redirect is? Head here for more info.
- Sign in to your Dashboard
- Go to Manage Pages and scroll to the bottom of the page
3. Click the button Remove /page from URLs
4. Click Remove /page
NOTE: If you created any pages with names that are reserved for Rocketspark's use, then these page URLs will not be migrated automatically. Some examples of reserved page names are /dashboard/, /images/ etc. These pages will stay with the same URL such as /page/images/.
Remove /page/ one page at a time
- In Manage Pages, click on the + button under the URLs heading, to the right of the page name you'd like to remove /page/ in the URL for.
- Under the heading 'This is the default URL for this page', manually remove page/.
- IMPORTANT: Click the ADD OLD URL AS REDIRECT button.
- A redirect will then automatically be created for you in the Add/edit URLs field below.
You'll also see a change alongside your page names in Manage Pages where a 1, will replace the +. Where you already have additional redirects set up, the number will now be 2 or more, depending on how many other redirects you've previously set up on that page.